King of Tokyo Monster Pack: Cthulhu
The return of the Ancient One promises to spread chaos across Tokyo and New York, where scenes of madness are already multiplying.
Even the other Monsters in these places could succumb to the insanity… Will you be crazy enough to respond to his call?
What’s in the box?
- One Cthulu monster board
- One cardboard figure and stand
- 15 Cultist/Temple of Cthulu double-sided tiles
- 12 madness tokens
- Eight evolution cards for King of Tokyo
- Eight evolution cards for King of New York
How to play:
King of Tokyo:
- You can only play with the Cultist side of the tile. The Temple of Cthulhu side has no effect in King of Tokyo.
- Place the tiles next to the board face-up. After resolving your dice, if you rolled four identical faces, take a Cultist tile and put it in front of you.
King of New York:
- Shuffle the Cultist tiles with the building tiles from the base game.
- The Temples of Cthulhu are Buildings, just like the HighRises, Power Plants, and Hospitals in King of New York. They work exactly the same way.
- Cultists are Units, just like Infantry, Tanks, and Planes in King of New York. They work exactly the same way (except when you destroy them) and attack Monsters in their borough as usual
The Evolution cards let you play King of Tokyo and King of New York with supercharged Monsters! Cthulhu’s Evolutions work like the Evolutions in King of Tokyo: Power-Up! and King of New York: Power-Up!
Some of Cthulhu’s Evolutions give Madness tokens to other Monsters. In the beginning of your turn, roll as many dice as you have Madness tokens and put them aside. These dice cannot be rerolled this turn. You will resolve them with the other dice after you finish Rolling.
Compatible with King of Tokyo and King of New York. To play with Cthulhu’s Evolutions, you need the Power Up! expansion for whichever base game you have.